Guest blogging is a hot topic. It’s seen by many people as a way to get quality inbound links, and in that respect, it does work.
But in the feverish rush to hire guest bloggers, many people are resorting to hiring article spinners – people who rip off content for as little as $1 an hour.
Companies generally do this to populate blogs with cheap content as quickly as possible.
Today, Google published a brand new video warning about the dangers of article spinning and poor quality content. Just posting guest blogs isn’t enough: the writer you hire needs to create content that’s worth reading.
My View on Guest Blogging
I’ve blogged several times about how much I enjoy guest blogging for clients. I’m sure the number of guest blogs I write will continue to rise, and I really enjoy the challenge of taking on varied topics.
It’s important to supply the best possible quality content for guest blogging projects so that clients benefit from the inbound link. That’s the whole point. Spin content, or use cast-off content, and you could be penalised.
If you’re looking at hiring a guest blogger, you need to keep an eye on the quality of the posts they produce. Make sure your writer is up to the job, and ensure that the work they’re sending you is of the highest quality.
Here are a couple of blog posts I’ve written about article spinning:
And a few of my recent guest posts:
- Setting Up WordPress From Scratch
- Improving Conversions With Live Chat
- A Beginner’s Guide To Affiliate Marketing
- Improving Conversions With Multilingual Live Chat
- Hosting Packages For Sole Traders
Latest posts by Claire Broadley (see all)
- Red Robot is 10 Years Old Today! - June 10, 2020
- 34 Free Learning Resources to Keep Kids Busy During the Coronavirus Lockdown - March 30, 2020
- Coronavirus Update – Business (Almost) as Usual - March 19, 2020